Every effort is made to ensure that the information given on the Solent Journalism’s website is correct at the time of publication. However, from time-to-time details do change meaning that certain information may not always be entirely accurate if it is waiting to be updated on the website.
The links to third-party external sites are provided for the convenience of our site visitors only. We are not responsible for the content of these external sites and does not necessarily endorse the views or agree with the information held on these sites.
All material on the Solent Journalism’s Internet site, this includes text, layout, graphics, icons and the artwork is owned by Solent Journalism, unless otherwise stated. This material cannot be copied in any way, except insofar as required for the viewing of pages on an individual PC, without permission. Please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org if you need further information regarding the use of materials on this site.
Title: Solent Journalism Data Protection Notice
Document Type: Guidance
Location: Policy, Governance and Information
Author: Emile Douilhet
Our contact details
Solent University, East Park Terrace, Southampton, SO14 0YN
For more information, please contact the Information Rights Team at: email@example.com
What type of information we have
- University e-mail address
- Social Media Links
- Contact Details
- Online Identifiers (IP Address)
How we get the information and why do we have it
We get your information through registration and participation to the site.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- We seek consent to provide an additional service (such as counselling, wellbeing services)
- We have to fulfil a contractual obligation
- We need it to perform a public task (as a University we have a number of responsibilities).
- We have a legitimate interest and the processing carries no or little risk.
What we do with the information
We will process your data for the purposes of publication of news stories and our teaching environment. In certain situations we may be required to process data for administration of the website.
Any data you provide as part of the application and recruitment process will only be shared where it is essential for the administration of the website.
Any information processed will be deleted once it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access– You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification– You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure– You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing– You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing– You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability– You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
All trademarks mentioned on this site remain the property of their respective owners and are used for identification purposes only. Solent Journalism makes no claims, either expressed or implied as to trademark ownership of these marks.